Grant Opportunity 2020
Incentive Grants for Greater inclusion
- The Lehigh Valley Arts Council is offering three types of Incentive Grants for Greater Inclusion to arts nonprofits to encourage them to adopt cultural access as a core value. Each of these grants require a dollar match and are intended to help fund new arts initiatives.
- In March 2017, the Board of Directors of the Lehigh Valley Arts Council adopted the following vision statement: “To be the leader of arts advocacy in the Lehigh Valley and ensure access to the arts for people of all abilities.
A (1:1) matching grant of up to $350 to accommodate for the first time an otherwise under-served segment of the community with disabilities, including but not limited to, individuals with hearing and visual loss, autism, mental health illness, or physical limitations.
A (2:1) matching grant of up to $500 to contract an artist with a disability to perform, exhibit, design or produce a public art event.
A (2:1) matching grant of up to $1500 to engage a group of people living with a disability by teaching an artistic practice that culminates in a public performance or exhibition. (NOTE: Applicants must be experienced and skilled at working with a population with disabilities.)
- Deadline for submission is March 15, 2020
- Application is for events that have not occurred. The activities period is from July 1, 2020 -June 30, 2021.
- Applicant must be a member of the Lehigh Valley Arts Council
- Applicant may apply only to one (1) Incentive Grant per grant period.
- Event must reflect the Arts & Access Always mission and goals.
- Applicant eligibility requirements differ per Incentive Grant.
- Applicant must attend the grant seminar or submit a letter of intent by February 10, 2020. Please RSVP by January 20, 2020.
- Applications are submitted by e-mail to rforte@LVArtsCouncil.org or in person to 840 Hamilton Street, Suite 201, Allentown, PA 18101.
- Award notices are made within two weeks of receiving that application.
- Grants are distributed when the application is approved and the required customer service training has been completed and received by the Arts Council.
PLEASE CONTACT THE LEHIGH VALLEY ARTS COUNCIL FOR MORE INFORMATION.