Grant Opportunity 2018
Incentive Grants for Greater inclusion
In March 2017, the Board of Directors of the Lehigh Valley Arts Council adopted the following vision statement: “To be the leader of arts advocacy in the Lehigh Valley and ensure access to the arts for people of all abilities. Within that spirit of greater inclusion, the Arts Council is offering three Incentive Grants for Greater Inclusion in 2018 to cultural nonprofits to encourage adopting cultural access as a core value of their organization.
Each of the matching grants are designed to help fund a new arts initiative. For funding support, nonprofits may apply for one of the following grants, and must be members of the Lehigh Valley Arts Council.
A matching grant of up to $350 to accommodate for the first time an otherwise under served segment of the community with disabilities, including but not limited to, individuals with hearing and visual loss, autism, mental health illness, or physical limitations.
A matching grant up to $500 to contract an artist with a disability to perform, exhibit, design or produce a public art event.
A matching grant up to $1000 to engage a group of people living with a disability by teaching an artistic practice which culminates with a public performance or exhibition.
- NOTE: Applicants must be experienced and skilled at working with a population with disabilities.
- Grants are awarded continuously throughout 2018.
- Application is for events that have not yet occurred. The activities period, including public event,
is from January 1, 2018 — December 31, 2018.
- Applicants can receive one (1) Incentive Grant per calendar year.
- Applications must be submitted 10 weeks prior to the project beginning.
- Event must be an arts activity that reflects of the Arts & Access mission and goals.
- Applicant eligibility requirements differ per Incentive Grant.
- Grant recipients are required to submit an evaluation form within one month of their event’s completion.
- Applications are submitted electronically through email to PPA@LVArtsCouncil.org or in person to 840 Hamilton Street, Suite 201, Allentown, PA 18101.
- Award notices are made within two weeks of receiving that application.
- Grants are distributed once the required customer service training has been completed and received by the Arts Council.
PLEASE CONTACT THE LEHIGH VALLEY ARTS COUNCIL FOR MORE INFORMATION.