- Home |
- COVID-19 Resource Hub
COVID-19 Resource Hub
The Lehigh Valley Arts Council is closely monitoring developments surrounding the impact of the coronavirus in the Lehigh Valley’s arts and culture industry. We will continue to share event cancelations and virtual arts activities that many of our arts and cultural organizations are creating.
Additionally, we will pass along the updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Federal, State, and Local governments regarding closures on businesses and bans on public gatherings. The Lehigh Valley Arts Council cares deeply about the health and safety of our members, stakeholders, staff, and board and we understand that health, work, and travel require personal decisions that individuals must make for themselves.
This page will be updated regularly as news and information about the pandemic becomes available. Please keep us informed of how you are adjusting and your upcoming scheduling changes.
Lehigh Valley Arts Council – News and Event Updates
Starting Tuesday, March 17, the Lehigh Valley Arts Council office will be closed and staff will be working remotely and available by phone, email and video conferencing. We have also decided to suspend public events through August 14. We will be hard at work from home monitoring the situation and continuing to provide services and support to the arts and culture field.
- Young at Art 2020 expo has been postponed.
- AD Training for the Visual Arts workshop has been postponed.
- AD Training for the Performing Arts workshop has been postponed.
- Champion of Inclusion conference has been postponed.
- The Arts Calendar and Inside the Arts publications will be produced electronically until social distancing directives have been lifted and public events begin to be scheduled again.
- We are still planning to move our office this Spring. Luckily, it’s only a couple of blocks away.
Arts Advocacy – Take Action
EMAIL: Lehigh Valley Perspective on Arts Advocacy
Stay in loop! The Arts cross many topics and being an advocate means being informed. Sign up for the Arts Advocate email here.
STORYTELLING: Perspective on Art Today
How are you keeping art in your life? Stay connected to the arts by sharing how the pandemic has challenged your relationship with art. Share your story here.
SURVEY: Impact to Lehigh Valley Nonprofit Cultural Organizations
We are gathering information on how local nonprofit cultural organizations are coping with the crisis and their plans for the future. Take our survey here.
SURVEY: Early Impact to Lehigh Valley Artists and Arts Organizations
SURVEY: Impact to National Creative Economy
Americans for the Arts is gathering data on the effect of the outbreak on operations through cancelled events, lost wages, and additional expenses. Take their survey here.
LETTER: Appreciation for CARES Act
Thank your members of Congress for passing the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) Act which will help the nonprofit arts sector with federal relief funds. You are welcome to use this letter as a guide.
Local Cultural Organizations – event updates
- 2020 Season
- Muhlenberg Summer Music Theatre
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival
- Valley Choral Society
- The Bach Choir of Bethlehem’s “113th Bethlehem Bach Festival
- Allentown Area Swing Dance Society’s May 2020 dance events
- Carbon County Art League’s May 16 meeting
- Mayfair Festival of the Arts, 2020 Memorial Day weekend
- Bach & Handel’s May 30th concert
- The Moravian Historical Society’s “42nd annual Arts & Crafts Festival,” June 6, 2020
- Nigerian International Association of Pennsylvania’s “2020 Lehigh Valley African Art Festival,” June 20, 2020
- Community Music School’s “Women in Music Lecture Recital Series,” May 20, 2020
Cultural Community – Financial Opportunities
- CARES Act: Financial Perspective for Nonprofits | National Council for Nonprofits
- Pop-Up Grants for Cultural Producers | Pennsylvania Humanities Council
More Info 2 Move Forward
- From Governor Tom Wolf’s Office | Process to Reopen Pennsylvania
- The IRS has extended the Federal Tax Deadline from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020. The extension applies to individuals, nonprofits, trusts and corporations.