- Home |
- COVID-19 Resource Hub
COVID-19 Resource Hub
The Lehigh Valley Arts Council is closely monitoring developments surrounding the impact of the coronavirus in the Lehigh Valley’s arts and culture industry. We will continue to share event cancellations and virtual arts activities that many of our arts and cultural organizations are creating.
Additionally, we will pass along the updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Federal, State, and Local governments regarding closures on businesses and bans on public gatherings. The Lehigh Valley Arts Council cares deeply about the health and safety of our members, stakeholders, staff, and board and we understand that health, work, and travel require personal decisions that individuals must make for themselves.
This page will be updated regularly as news and information about the pandemic becomes available. Please keep us informed of how you are adjusting and your upcoming scheduling changes.
LVAC News and Event Updates
Starting Tuesday, March 17, the Lehigh Valley Arts Council office will be closed and staff will be working remotely and available by phone, email and video conferencing. We have also decided to suspend public events through August 14. We will be hard at work from home monitoring the situation and continuing to provide services and support to the arts and culture field.
- Young at Art 2020 expo has been cancelled.
- AD Training for the Visual Arts workshop has been cancelled.
- AD Training for the Performing Arts workshop has been cancelled.
- Champion of Inclusion conference has been postponed.
- The Arts Calendar and Inside the Arts publications will be produced electronically until social distancing directives have been lifted and public events begin to be scheduled again.
- We are still planning to move our office this Spring. Luckily, it’s only a couple of blocks away.
- CARES Act: Financial Perspective for Nonprofits | National Council for Nonprofits
- Pop-Up Grants for Cultural Producers | Pennsylvania Humanities Council
More Info 2 Move Forward
- COVID-19 Relief Pennsylvania Statewide Small Business Assistance – Opens June 30, 2020 | A Guide to Prepare
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts | Reopening Safely: Tips and Resources to Prepare
- From Governor Tom Wolf’s Office | Process to Reopen Pennsylvania
- The IRS has extended the Federal Tax Deadline from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020. The extension applies to individuals, nonprofits, trusts, and corporations.
Arts Advocacy – Take Action
EMAIL: Lehigh Valley Perspective on Arts Advocacy
Stay in loop! The Arts cross many topics and being an advocate means being informed. Sign up for our “Arts Advocate”
STORYTELLING: Perspective on Art Today
How are you keeping art in your life? Stay connected to the arts by sharing how the pandemic has challenged your relationship with art. Be a Voice for the Arts