- Home |
- COVID-19 Resource Hub
COVID-19 Resource Hub
The Lehigh Valley Arts Council is closely monitoring developments surrounding the impact of the coronavirus in the Lehigh Valley’s arts and culture industry. We will continue to share event cancellations and virtual arts activities that many of our arts and cultural organizations are creating.
Additionally, we will pass along the updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Federal, State, and Local governments regarding closures on businesses and bans on public gatherings. The Lehigh Valley Arts Council cares deeply about the health and safety of our members, stakeholders, staff, and board and we understand that health, work, and travel require personal decisions that individuals must make for themselves.
This page will be updated regularly as news and information about the pandemic becomes available. Please keep us informed of how you are adjusting and your upcoming scheduling changes.
LVAC News and Event Updates
Starting Tuesday, March 17, the Lehigh Valley Arts Council office will be closed and staff will be working remotely and available by phone, email and video conferencing. We will be hard at work from home monitoring the situation and continuing to provide services and support to the arts and culture field.
- The Arts Calendar and Inside the Arts publications will be produced electronically.
- Champions of Inclusion – we are partnered with PBS-39 to produce a docu-series on cultural accessibility in the Lehigh Valley. See it here.
- Young at Art will be held again in 2022.
- AD Training for the Visual Arts training was held virtually.
- CARES Act: Financial Perspective for Nonprofits | National Council for Nonprofits
- Pop-Up Grants for Cultural Producers | Pennsylvania Humanities Council
- COVID-19 Cultural and Museum Preservation Grant Program | Department of Community and Economic Development
More Info 2 Move Forward
- COVID-19 Relief Pennsylvania Statewide Small Business Assistance – Opens June 30, 2020 | A Guide to Prepare
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts | Reopening Safely: Tips and Resources to Prepare
- From Governor Tom Wolf’s Office | Process to Reopen Pennsylvania
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance | COVID-19 Economic Impact Study released November 2020
Arts Advocacy – Take Action
Safeguarding the Arts During COVID-19 | A Panel Discussion with Rep. Susan Wild
On December 8, 2020, the Lehigh Valley Arts Council invited the arts community to meet with US Representative Susan Wild via Zoom, to discuss the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on their business. The format for the meeting was a panel discussion with Congresswoman Susan Wild and representatives from the nonprofit arts and culture sector. This discussion was moderated by Randall Forte, Executive Director at Lehigh Valley Arts Council. Additional panelists included Shelley Brown from State Theatre Center for the Arts, Shannon Fugate from Baum School of Art, and Kara Mohsinger from National Museum of Industrial History.
Safeguarding the Arts | Act II: Reopening Safely in the Post-Pandemic
SURVEY: Citizens for the Arts in PA
Contribute to a short survey so Citizens for the Arts in PA can capture both the economic and community impact of the Arts in Pennsylvania. We know the arts have a story to tell, and we want to be able to share that with the PA General Assembly. Please help us by filling out this survey today about how you or your organization has been affected by COVID-19. Fill out the survey here.
EMAIL: Lehigh Valley Perspective on Arts Advocacy
Stay in the loop! The Arts cross many topics and being an advocate means being informed. Sign up for our “Arts Advocate”
STORYTELLING: Perspective on Art Today
How are you keeping art in your life? Stay connected to the arts by sharing how the pandemic has challenged your relationship with art. Be a Voice for the Arts